Perfect example of what I mean
Namaste means “my soul recognizes yours” not “I tripped really hard at a festival once and now I’m filled with the wisdom of the Earth”
Bless this lol
Do you remember those boys that go to the ‘hood’ and mess with people all for the sake of a “prank”? Well, they went to a radio station for an interview and the hosts there called them out on their racist shit and it was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Check this video out.
From their announcement:
For various reasons, Bass Coast Festival is banning feathered war bonnets, or anything resembling them, onsite. Our security team will be enforcing this policy.
We understand why people are attracted to war bonnets. They have a magnificent aesthetic. But their spiritual, cultural and aesthetic significance cannot be separated.
Bass Coast Festival takes place on indigenous land and we respect the dignity of aboriginal people. We have consulted with aboriginal people in British Columbia on this issue and we feel our policy aligns with their views and wishes regarding the subject. Their opinion is what matters to us.
Nicki Minaj shining a light on the differences on acceptable sexuality from white women and black women.
If you think this isn’t the damn truth you should know that a few years back, my campus newspaper ran an article that said fat women should be grateful for rape because it’s the only way they’ll ever feel worthy of a man’s attention.
I shit you not.
yeah, I’ve been told on multiple occasions during casual conversations that I’m not pretty/skinny enough to be raped, so that’s a thing
this disgusts the core of my being.
"you’re too young to know what your sexuality is" said the straight person to a queer teenager
"he’s such a ladies’ man" said the straight person about a 6 month old baby that doesn’t know what a lady is
Florida city police department embedded with KKK members
July 21, 2014
Ann Hunnewell and her central Florida police officer husband knelt in the living room of a fellow officer’s home, with pillow cases as makeshift hoods over their heads. A few words were spoken and they, along with a half-dozen others, were initiated into the local chapter of the Ku Klux Klan, she says.
Last week, that initiation ceremony, which took place five years ago, stunned residents of the small town of Fruitland Park, who found out an investigative report linked two city officers with the secret hate society that once was violently active in the area. Ann Hunnewell’s ex-husband, George Hunnewell, was fired, and deputy chief David Borst resigned from the 13-member Fruitland Park Police Department. Borst has denied being a member.
James Elkins, a third officer who Ann Hunnewell says recruited her and her husband, resigned in 2010 after his Klan ties became public.
how unsurprising tho
white people cry reverse racism about comic book characters being colored black but they finna make an entire movie about egyptians starring all white people.
i’m petitioning for a george washington biopic starring samuel l jackson.
For the past week or so I have been receiving anonymous asks from white people demanding an explanation as to why their white guilt is not wanted and not applauded by the POC community. I’ve also received asks from white people looking for help as to how to inform their fellow white peers about…
"I’m in a suburb of Detroit, about 20 minutes away, & it doesn’t exist. Racism is so uncommon it’s unreal."
?????????????????????????????????? This is literally national news about Detroit what the fuck?????? You think because your school hires people who are not white working there… that racism doesn’t exist and is uncommon????????????????????????????? What the fuck lmfao there’s a fuck ton of racism everywhere in the country but Detroit is literally known for suffering the consequences of institutionalized racism………… like literally that’s what it is known nationally for…
"none of this exists in the younger generation" literally all of these news stories are from like 2011-2013????? this is literally happening right now right here by the younger generation to the younger generation lmfao are you 11?
- Deaf Black man is stabbed out of racism when his sign language is mistaken for a GANG SIGN
- Anti-Islam posters run free on the train to reinforce racism anti-Islamic sentiments and Islamaphobia
- Oops! Chicago police raids the wrong house, holds an 11 month old at gunpoint to raise their hand, kills their dog all because of racism and assuming it was a crackhouse! Oopsies
- Let’s take it overseas! Black people in England and Wales are 7 times more likely to be stopped by police than white people. Asian people are twice as likely
- People assuming Native american baby names are actually Native and have any meaning to any ethnic group when they don’t
- Here’s a whole collection of people saying racist stereotyping homogenizing disgusting stuff about Natives
- People protesting (Idle No More) defending Native people’s humanity are attacked with violence
- White kids think it’s totally okay and normal to photograph themselves lynching a Black baby doll like an effigy
- Member of the most glorified band in the world Paul McCartney made a racist white supremacist song called ‘No Pakistanis’ and everyone still glorifies him as a good person
- Racism in actual political campaign in Massachusetts against a Native runner portraying her name and image in a racist stereotypical inappropriate manner
- Indian Sikh school students protest for students who are banned from wearing their turbans in public schools in France
- Here’s a graph of the statistic that approx every 28 hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US
- NYPD profiling and targeting LGBT*Q People of Color
- Black students (especially boys and children with disabilities) face more and harsher punishments in public schools and are being pushed out of schools into the criminal justice system.
- Black male incarceration has jumped 500% from 1986 to 2004
- Albany police: SWAT literally uses a poor Black neighborhood to train in because they say it’s ‘realistic’
- The audio recording from a young man of color of a NYPD stop and frisking him based solely how he looks calling him a “FUCKING MUTT”
- Incarceration rates by ethnicity
- All of this fucking cultural appropriation
Whoa, it does not stop
- Her Innocent Brother Was Made Into a Bombing Suspec because of racism: Sunil Tripathi’s Sister Speaks
- Wall Street Journal refers to a Chinese athlete as being “fueled with rice” even though they don’t title articles like that for white athletes
- Black Woman Pretends To Be White And Job Offers Skyrocket
- African-American man says NYPD made him rap before freeing him
- Black Detroit woman shot to death while seeking help in white neighborhood after car crash
- Woman Says She Called 911 for an Ambulance for Her Fiancé, Cops Came and Shot Him Instead
- A Black man holding a wallet is more likely to be shot by the police than a White man holding a gun.
- ESPN makes a racist mockery of Native americans on national TV on purpose. I don’t see any consequences for their actions
- Students of color At University of Texas Attacked By An Epidemic Of ‘Bleach Bombs’
- Racism Linked to Adult-Onset Asthma in Black Women
- Black firefighter waves to white police man and is handcuffed and on the ground
- Most of Onondaga County is disputed land, which legally belongs to the Onondaga Nation. It has been held illegally by New York State for hundreds of years, despite the Treaty of Fort Stanwix which means that the Onondaga Nation is the legal owner. Racists respond with “they didn’t work for this land it’s mine” illogically
- Disparities in the workforce exist as Black women and Latino men work more than white women and white men but the racial wage gap still exists
- Oakland: Study finds racial bias in boys’ arrests targeting guess who? Black young men, of course!
- How is it that 58% of prisoners are Black and Latino if 70% of crime committed here is done by white people?
- Forty Percent of White Americans Are Lying About Their ‘Black Friend’
- From Mosques to Soccer Leagues: Inside the NYPDâs Secret Spy Unit Targeting Muslims, Activists
- When whites were presented with an argument against the death penalty or three strikes that emphasized the racial bias of the policy, they became more (not less) supportive of capital punishment and three strikes laws.
- Who’s surprised that people were racist and needed an explanation of how not to homogenize and trivialize culture on Dia de los Muertos?
- African-Americans More Likely To Receive Lower-Quality Kidneys, Study Finds
- Islamophobia towards (obviously innocent) paying customer: Garland restaurant contaminated her drink, Muslim woman says
- Famous actor Brandon T. Jackson is called racial slurs on his flight and told “I don’t care if you’re Obama’s son” then questioned by the police and restricted from flying and left alone to look for a hotel himself for being the victim of racism on US Airways
- Rob Brown, famous star of Treme is racially profiled and arrested at Macy’s for purchasing a watch with his own money and his own credit card and accused of fraud
- Kayla Philips tries to purchase a bag at Barney’s and is also accused of fraud at Barney’s because they didn’t believe she could afford it
The Brown Berets are a revolutionary Mexican American group that formed in Los Angeles in 1966 during the Chicano Movement. They have been active community organizers ever since, struggling against racial profiling, inferior education/healthcare, and other issues faced in the barrios of America.
They have survived covert infiltrations by the FBI, LAPD, and ATF, being a target of COINTELPRO and other illegal government actions. They participated in Fred Hampton’s Rainbow Coalition in Chicago along with the Black Panther Party and Young Lords Party.
Although they have been known to have discredited the feminist struggle as secondary to liberation from racism and poverty, they played a significant role in serving their communities, educating the people, setting up free clinics, and holding direct action protests against police brutality.
They were big supporters of the United Farm Workers movement, the Land Grants movement, and the Poor People’s Campaign. They saw a resurgence in activity in the 90’s after the passage of California’s Proposition 187, which restricted education, healthcare and social services for undocumented immigrants